- Choose a member of your family as a respondent for your interview. Since the focus of our project is National Socialism and the Soviet totalitarianism in Ukraine and the Second World War best would be if you could interview you grand- or grand-grand- parents who might have experienced this time by themselves. If this is not possible you may also interview your parents or other family members who can tell about what their parents told them or how in general the past was/is remembered within your family.
- Create the questionnaire on the topic of the respondent’s memories about National Socialism / Soviet totalitarian regime and the 2WW.
- Plan and prepare the interview (time, place, recording device(-s).
- Record the interview (output: video in the original language of the respondent).
- Select the part(-s) of the video-interview you consider to be essential (no more than ~15 min in total).
- Transcribe the selected video-fragment(-s) (into text).
- Translate the transcribed text into English.
- Prepare and print out the document containing the respondent’s name and surname, time/date and place of the interview, the brief information about the respondent, the transcribed text in English and the respondent’s photo.
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (no more than 3 slides) containing the respondent’s name and surname, time/date and place of the interview, the brief information about the respondent, the respondent’s photo + corresponding video-file(-s).
- Choose an item (a historical relict or any other kind of symbol) representing the story and bring it for the second seminar in Poland.
- Prepare the presentation for 30 mins., which will include 15 mins. of oral presentation of the biography, context, relict/symbol using PowerPoint, and max. 15 mins. of the video clip.
- Bring the prepared materials for the second seminar in Poland: the electronic version on your memory stick and 1 printed version of the document A4 text (containing the respondent’s name and surname, the brief information about the time and place of the interview, about the respondent him/herself, the transcribed text in English, and photo).
Spelling error report
The following text will be sent to our editors: