We are delighted to invite young people from Ukraine ages 18-26 to participate in the International educational and cultural program focused on the research of World War II memories through family history. Please apply by 4 September 2020.
Together with the participants from Poland and Germany, you will have a unique opportunity to: study the history of your family, dive into the years of 1933-1945, learn more about the places of remembrance: Auschwitz-Birkenau, Bergen-Belsen, locations in Lviv.
The project activities will be taken in online.
This is a great chance for you to:
- experience communication in international groups;
- master the art of conducting a dialogue;
- help peers in Poland and Germany discover your country and family;
- research your family history of 1933-1945 and post-war years & share the collected memories about these events;extend your understanding of National Socialism, Stalinism, Holocaust and World War II;
- visit online and rethink the value behind places of remembrance: the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Poland, the Bergen-Belsen Memorial in Germany and places of remembrance in Lviv, Ukraine;
- receive the certificate of programme completion.
If you are looking for new experiences and knowledge, ready to participate in all project stages – this is your opportunity to become one of the 10 participants from Ukraine.
Participation in the project is free of charge.
- in September – national team meeting.
- 1 October – study program start (10 online sessions, 3.5 hours each, twice per week: Tuesday and Friday/Saturday afternoon).
- November – interviews with family members (conduct/record and finalize).
- 11 December – presentation of studies by participants.
Finalized research projects will be published on the project website. There is a chance to participate in experience exchange visits to Poland and Germany next year.
Please, apply online by 4 September by clickinghere.
More on the peculiarities of the project this year and comments from the organizers here.
More about the project here.